Project Manager - Store Design and Development
Job no: 978824
Work type: Full-Time
Categories: Design & Development
The Country Road Group Retail and Property team have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join them. Reporting into the Store Development Manager, the Project Manager is accountable for managing activities associated with the opening, refit, relocation and defit of ' The Country Road Brand ' real estate throughout the Australia, NZ and South African portfolio.
The scope of this role is varied and includes driving and owning each projects success by leading the teams to deliver the works required as per the capital budget. This will span across Store Development, Store Fit-Outs and Store Maintenance.
Key accountabilities will include;
- Project Communications, including liaising with Lessor's and/or their representatives to ensure smooth and timely store fit-outs, re-fits or de-fits
- Managing the external approval of store design and layout
- Obtaining appropriate council and building permits/approvals along with issues tenders to trade/suppliers
- Obtaining and evaluating quotes, coordinating teams for fit-out
- Liaising and managing day to day communication with shop fitters and sub-contractors
- Issuing of purchase orders, managing budgets and processing invoices in a timely manner
- Undertaking regular site inspections during fit-out process to assess fit-out works against plans
- Managing costs and ensuring costs don't exceed quotes/budgets
- Ensuring projects are completed on time
- Follow up and resolve fit-out defects
- Sourcing finishes for existing and upcoming stores.
- Communicating time-frames to head office team and external suppliers and contractors
For success in this role you will be an experienced Project Manager within a Retail environment having managed and delivered multiple projects on time and within budget. Ideally you will have previous exposure to shop fittings, material and manufacturing knowledge, together with the ability to read architectural drawings and visualize in 3D, also experience in the use of Microsoft Project. Working with multiple and varied stakeholders you will be a strong communicator establishing mutually beneficial working relationships.
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Generous discounts for you and your immediate family across our David Jones with further discounts within our sister brands, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO products.
- Excellent career opportunities given upcoming change/transformation projects
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time