Job no: 524684
Work type: Part-Time, Permanent
Location: Gold Coast
- Develop your cooking skills with Australia’s highest quality ingredients
- Continual training & development opportunities on offer
- Staff Discount across David Jones, Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco + more
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting directly to the Food & Beverage Manager, you will experience unique levels of exposure to our world class Food team and have a responsibility to provide your customers with the highest quality food and service.
Additionally, you will be expected to work effectively with a team of like-minded individuals looking to provide our customers with the very best. You must maintain a current and up to date level of product knowledge ensuring you share your insights with your customers and your team. To develop your own chef-skills, you will be charged with getting the best out of fresh locally & internationally sourced produce to create the finest dishes expected of David Jones.
- Responsibility to deliver extraordinary experiences for every customer, enlightening their senses by preparing and delivering a culinary experience like no other
- Taking pride in your work and understanding the importance of food preparation and how this sets the tone for each meal you cook
- Stepping out from behind the scenes and interacting directly with your customers
- Working across a range of culinary specialties as customers dine in or take away
- Following all hygiene and safety standards
- A passion for interacting with customers
- The ability to communicate with professionalism and style
- Collaborative skills to work in a team
- The ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- A strong work ethic
- Chef qualifications or a relevant TAFE certificate
The David Jones and Country Road Group are a diverse and highly regarded collective of brands. Our ambition is to become global leaders in retail by building a family of people as diverse and passionate as we are. We have found that by nurturing the unique talents of our people and working with them to carve out a rich and varied career, we are able to create a new standard of retail in the Southern Hemisphere. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
- Opportunities to progress with an established company
- Employee discounts across David Jones and the Country Road Group
- Official & scheduled training & development offered throughout your tenure
- Workplace flexibility – no early mornings/late nights and you never work consecutive weekends (unless you really want to!)
ABOUT DAVID JONES FOOD:
David Jones continues our amazing journey into the wonderful world of food! As one of the Australasia's leading retailers, we have been able to use our platform of global networks to curate the best products from all over the world. Through a collaboration of Food Halls, Cafés, and Food Stores, the possibilities really are endless for our customers.
HOW TO APPLY:
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Shortlisted candidates may be requested to participate in video interviewing as part of the selection process.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time