Graphic Designer - Visual Merchandising
Job no: 524430
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Design & Development, Marketing, Operations
Your role as Visual Merchandising Specialist – Graphic Design will be pivotal in conceptualising and designing marketing collateral to support all instore campaigns and merchandise initiatives. Supporting our Retail Operations teams, you will develop and realize visual merchandising projects integral to exceptional instore experience and retail innovation.
What does the role involve?
- Working closely with internal teams and external agencies to create and manage design briefs and deliverables within project timelines and brand principles
- Responsibility for designing print collateral to support instore campaigns and signage
- Creating graphic seasonal concepts and brand guidelines for use across store and food hall visual merchandising, events and PR and corporate collateral
- Working cross functionally with Marketing, Merchandise, Financial Services and Stores Projects teams to successfully execute visual merchandising programs
- Driving newness and innovation to our visual communication through VM projects and instore collateral.
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Have demonstrated experience as a mid-weight Graphic Designer within a retail or fashion lead business
- Have proven experience in the full Adobe suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/Flash/Dreamweaver/Indesign)
- Have previous project management experience, preferably within a retail or visual merchandising space, working on print or campaign collateral
- Are design focused and passionate about creating new ways of reinventing visual communication within retail
- Thrive on working collaboratively within a creative team environment
- Have a sound understanding of graphic and creative trends
- Have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time