Buyer - Childrens
Job no: 524364
Work type: Limited Tenure
Location: Melbourne - East
As part of our premium focused Merchandise team, the Buyer for our Childrenswear business will focus on developing & driving the strategy for the category. Reporting into the General Manager of Merchandise, this role is accountable for profitably managing the category and product assortment. You will achieve this through developing collaborative relationships with you planner and external vendors will also having a highly commercial approach focused on driving exclusivity for the David Jones customer.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Achieve sales, GP dollar, delivery performance & stock turn targets as agreed
- Innovate and differentiate via acquiring and retaining key exclusive brand partners
- Focus on brand engagement and retention
- Develop and execute a buying strategy that meets company value proposition objectives.
- Establish a seasonal plan for meeting rebate requirements and ensure they are met.
- Collaborate with and develop strong relationships with key suppliers & investigate new suppliers as appropriate
- Engage with and influence internal business partners to implement merchandise strategy
**Please note, this opportunity is a 12 month fixed term maternity cover contract
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Dedicated experience in Buying/Category management within a retail landscape
- Possess strong numerical and analytical skills
- Possess a strong retail and commercial acumen
- Ability to influence internal/external stakeholder groups to meet business objectives
- Team oriented mindset and thrive in a collaborative/change orientated environment
- Understanding of fashion & apparel merchandise planning will be essential
- Capability to meet deadlines within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Relevant tertiary qualifications would be highly regarded
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Generous discounts across our David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO products.
- Excellent career progression including diverse project work and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Involvement in our Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting our community partnerships
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Our Values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time