Job no: 524142
Work type: Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Property & Facilities
As the Property Manager you will be responsible for managing the contractual obligations and commerciality’s of the store real estate portfolio for David Jones. As part of the Real Estate and Property Development team you will not only manage leasehold and freehold properties as per the Lease Agreements. In addition, you will be tasked with identifying opportunities to improve properties and provide an outstanding platform to deliver a world class premium retailing experience for our customers.
- Regularly liaise with Lessor representatives
- Support our retail stores and facilities management teams with any leasing-based operations needs
- Review monthly occupancy costs budgets and actual to ensure budgets are managed, identifying any savings initiatives
- Work closely with Finance in preparation of annual occupancy cost budgets
- Collaborate with Legal in lease negotiation process
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a commercial Leasing or Property Management role, preferably within a Retail environment
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to Property Management
- The ability to influence and drive change across a business
- The ability to be adaptable and self-motivated, with an innovative perspective
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability manage complex, time-dependent deliverables within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- A strong appreciation/passion for the retail industry is essential
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Generous discounts across our David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO products.
- Excellent career progression including diverse project work and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Involvement in our Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting our community partnerships
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Our Values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time