Allocator - Womenswear
Job no: 523864
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
David Jones wants to inspire people to lead an exceptional life. To do this, we've curated the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty and home. This edit makes David Jones a place where people can explore and define their personal style – a destination offering impeccable service and an experience that makes the choice of extraordinary easy.
The Merchandise Group is responsible for ensuring that our range and selection continues to remain fresh and relevant to our customers. The team is committed to delivering the very best range of brands and exclusives, across David Jones at competitive prices to enhance the customer's experience.
This role will be involved in allocating stock to stores, ensuring that the correct stock is in the right place at the right time to maximize sales and improve the flow of stock through the business.
In this role you will:
- Mange the allocation of stock to stores including re-order
- Manage the quantification and allocation of advertised stock
- Monitor product performance and recommend markdown within policy
- Complete stock placement forms for new and refurbished stores
- Monitor basic stock performance and recommend action to Buyer/Planner/Merchandise Replenishment
- Liaise closely with buying to drive optimal delivery & intake decisions
- Identify and identify store transfers and store re-orders
- Identify and action vendor debits
- Work with Merchandise Planner to ensure that capacity/space planning is factored into all key decisions
- Liaise and communicate with stores to ensure they are aware of allocation decisions that impact their store
- Weekly, Seasonal and Ad-Hoc analysis and insights
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Have demonstrated experience in a similar role within Buying or Planning
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have exceptional time management and the ability to multi task.
- Have sound Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge, with strong presentation skills.
- Have a natural flair for building relationships and a demonstrated ability to work alongside a range of key stakeholders in order to achieve business outcomes
- Possess Strong analytical skills
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We offer;
- Opportunities to work with premium exclusive Fashion, Beauty, Home and Food products
- David Jones employee discounts
- An opportunity to work with a trusted iconic brand
- A Merchandise range and selection which is fresh and exclusive
- Ongoing training and development in order to pursue excellence
If you're looking for an exceptional career, please begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time