Food & Beverage Manager Opportunity
Job no: 523798
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
- Located at our Foodhall within our Bourke Street Mall store
- Permanent Full Time opportunity
- Work life balance with every second weekend off
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting directly to the Store Manager - Food, you will hold a key leadership role within our Food business. You’ll take accountability for our Food Service counters (both front of house and back of house teams) within our Food Hall. Lead a large team of service driven and highly engaged teams that possess a deep understanding of customer expectations, products, menus and hospitality service skill.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have experience leading a large and diverse teams across multiple counters/stations, have a genuine passion and interest in food and may have previous retail experience.
- Responsible for the quality and efficiency of daily opening and closing procedures for all of Food Service areas as well as preparation areas
- Daily communication of staffing levels to ensure efficient allocation for all areas, responsibilities, times of day, days of week, special occasions, late night shopping and other peak periods to ensure service delivery
- Accountable for the Weekly planning to deliver the sales budgets, the calculation of stock requirements, through use of Stock Calculator, ordering sheets, and weekly planning documentation
- Coach and develop Chefs, F&B, Baristas and Bar teams to ensure they are demonstrating the highest industry standards and building their individual capability to achieve goals and improve skills
- Daily communication with Head Chef or Sous Chef to ensure daily menu & ingredient changes are communicated to staff and customers accurately and effectively
- Achieve, or better budgeted departments salary to sales rate and deliver timely/efficient service to every customer
- Keep customer & staff wellbeing at the forefront of decisions, ensuring all tasks are executed in line with WHS policies and procedures
- Have a proven track record in delivering exceptional customer service
- Are an inspirational leader with strong people leadership skills - working across multiple counters/stations
- Thrive on team work and collaboration
- Have exceptional time management skills and ability to multi-task, use initiative and self-motivate
- Are commercially focused with sound business and financial acumen, especially around stock loss, waste and cost reduction
- Have a passion for food and retail
- Have strong written, listening and spoken communication skills
The David Jones and Country Road Group are a diverse and highly regarded collective of brands. Our ambition is to become global leaders in retail by building a family of people as diverse and passionate as we are.
There’s more to David Jones than just the best fashion edit in Australia. In fact, we bring the best of local and world food together in our Foodhalls. At the foundation of our Food strategy is innovative products & menus, a passion for quality and a total commitment to great customer service.
By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
- A highly competitive salary and incentive scheme
- Generous staff discounts and offers across David Jones and Country Road Group brands
- An opportunity to impact positively within an iconic organisation each and every day
- Structured training to support personal growth and career development
ABOUT DAVID JONES:
Our vision is to be Australasia’s premium lifestyle retail destination. To achieve this we have three key enablers:
- We must deliver a curated and differentiated premium product offer,
- We must enable our customers to shop wherever, whenever and however
- We must provide brilliant customer service and experiences.
Achieving this ensures David Jones is a luxury destination offering an experience that makes our customer’s choice exceptionally easy.
HOW TO APPLY:
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time