Sales Manager Opportunity in our Bourke Street Mall Foodhall
Job no: 523679
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Food, Sales Management
- Located at our Foodhall within our Bourke Street Mall store
- Permanent Full Time opportunity - be part of our leadership team
- Work life balance with every second weekend off
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting directly to the Store Manager - Food, you will hold a key leadership role within our Food business. You’ll take accountability for every customer interaction; leading service driven, specialised teams to deliver best in class food experiences across our produce counters. As a leader in store, you’ll drive the delivery of successful results and act as a point of escalation.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have experience leading a large and diverse team and have a genuine passion and interest in food.
- Lead teams to deliver welcoming and inclusive customer service; connecting with guests to build a loyal customer base and drive sales
- Drive service and sales instore by coaching team members in specialised food brands, products and customer service skills
- Foster an engaged team culture by celebrating individual and team milestones, successes and connecting people who love food
- Manage staffing and scheduling of team members in line with team member availability, required coverage and salary budgets
- Manage and monitor salary and sales budgets and leverage results to develop tactical plans
- Lead your teams to ensure the fresh food departments, from intake to presentation and service delivery; are in line with our standards
- Keep the customer at heart of everything you do
- Have a proven track record in delivering exceptional customer service
- Are an inspirational leader with strong people leadership skills
- Thrive on team work and collaboration
- Have exceptional time management skills and ability to multi-task, use initiative and self-motivate
- Are commercially focused with sound business and financial acumen, especially around stock loss and waste
- Have a passion for food and retail
- Have strong written, listening and spoken communication skills
The David Jones and Country Road Group are a diverse and highly regarded collective of brands. Our ambition is to become global leaders in retail by building a family of people as diverse and passionate as we are.
There’s more to David Jones than just the best fashion edit in Australia. In fact, we bring the best of local and world food together in our Foodhalls. At the foundation of our Food strategy is innovative products & menus, a passion for quality and a total commitment to great customer service.
By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
- A highly competitive salary and incentive scheme
- Generous staff discounts and offers across David Jones and Country Road Group brands
- An opportunity to impact positively within an iconic organisation each and every day
- Structured training to support personal growth and career development
ABOUT DAVID JONES:
Our vision is to be Australasia’s premium lifestyle retail destination. To achieve this we have three key enablers:
- We must deliver a curated and differentiated premium product offer,
- We must enable our customers to shop wherever, whenever and however
- We must provide brilliant customer service and experiences.
Achieving this ensures David Jones is a luxury destination offering an experience that makes our customer’s choice exceptionally easy.
HOW TO APPLY:
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time