Digital Designer (Senior)
Job no: 523638
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Digital, Marketing
Your role as Digital Designer will be pivotal in delighting our customers through designing beautiful creative for an integrated and seamless customer experience across all online marketing channels. You will develop and mentor our Digital Design team and support with the execution of creative briefs from our creative and content team. We are looking for a senior Digital Designer who has a meticulous eye for detail to join our Design team.
What does the role involve?
- The ideation, design and execution of creative deliverables across all digital channels including the David Jones website
- Creating and presenting concepts and developing interactive design solutions from inception to completion
- Involvement in campaign design for digital display advertising
- Working collaboratively with the wider David Jones Marketing team to deliver stunning digital campaigns in line with business objectives
- Working closely with Developers to execute designs to perfection
- Providing inspiration and guidance to the digital design team
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a senior UX / Responsive / Digital Design position, with a supporting commercial creative portfolio, ideally with a fashion / retail background
- A sophisticated digital folio which reflects a deep understanding of luxury design
- Strong design skills with a meticulous eye for detail
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite; including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign – experience with Premiere Pro is advantageous
- Experience within eCommerce, Email marketing, Social marketing, and out of house.
- Video Animation, Sketch, Axure, Adobe XD, Adobe Edge and Google Web Designer experience is highly regarded
- Ability to apply imaginative and analytical thinking to create exciting digital experiences
- A demonstrated passion for emerging technologies with extensive knowledge of current responsive design trends and techniques
- Thrive on working collaboratively within a creative team environment
- Have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests and business expectations
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including confidence in presenting.
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- Access to or Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time