Job no: 523477
Work type: Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Digital, Marketing, Strategy & Business Development
As the Data Scientist, you will provides crucial support to our wider business as we devise a fully integrated and seamless customer experience through various online and offline marketing channels. Reporting to the Advanced Analytics Lead this unique role is integral in utilising advanced analytical techniques to assist in the delivery of strategic projects across the Country Road Group and David Jones brands.
In this role you will:
- Unlock incremental value within existing and new data assets through the use of advanced analytical technics such as;
- Modelling for prediction
- Modelling for discovery
- Clustering and segmentation
- Market mix modelling and basket/association modelling to inform and optimise decisions.
- Advise and conduct analysis to support business decision making, including taking briefs, performing analysis and producing reports that enable effective decision making.
- Manage the complete model life cycle (Build, Test, Deploy, Monitor)
- Assist with commercial analysis as and when required
- Mentor and share knowledge of techniques, applications and approaches with the wider analytical team
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven data experience including segmentation, behavioural analysis and financial modelling
- Expertise with coding in SAS and R, and the use of BI and data visualisation tools (such as SAS VA). Experience with other languages and platforms (e.g. Python, Lua, Scala, Tensorflow, Matlab) would be advantageous.
- Have demonstrated experience in successfully building, evaluating deploying and monitoring statistical models for data mining, predictive modelling, clustering, classification, deep learning, genetic algorithms, neural networks (MLP, Convolutional, Recurrent), NLP and text mining
- Have demonstrated experience with big data and big data architecture (Map reduce, Hive, Pig, Spark)
- Have developed expertise in database technologies and SQL language for joining, querying and manipulating data sets
- Are team oriented, and thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Are comfortable operating in high change, ambiguous environments
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation
Why work for us?
- An opportunity to work with and learn from Australia’s leading lifestyle/fashion retail group
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing environment with a fun and energetic culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our CSR program, by supporting our community partnerships
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Our Values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time