Makeup Artists - Bourke Street Mall
Job no: 522128
Work type: Casual, Full-Time, Part-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
David Jones is home to the most prestigious local and international luxury make-up, skin care and body brands! With a commitment to being customer obsessed and dedicated to quality, our Makeup Artists have an intrinsic passion for all things beauty and a desire to inspire our customers.
Our vision is for highly engaged beauty specialist teams to provide unique and consultative shopping experiences for all of our customers.
As a Makeup Artist you will listen to our customers in order to understand their specific skincare needs and provide insightful product recommendations. You will also:
- Provide exceptional and personalised customer service
- Empower customers through flawless make-up and brow services applications
- Share your passion for beauty with our clients and inspire them with product knowledge and recommendations
- Ensure overall operation of your counter is maintained to a high standard, presentable at all times and stock levels are replenished
- Work collaboratively as a team to achieve individual and team based sales targets
- Act as a point of contact for any customer complaints, and ensure that it is resolved in a timely manner
- Demonstrate the David Jones values: Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
We are looking for:
- Qualified Make Up Artists who want to express their talents
- Previous experience in a customer facing role within beauty or retail would be ideal
- A passion for the beauty industry, an enthusiasm to learn and share your expertise with others
- Positive and motivated individuals with exceptional communication skills
- Flexibility to work retail trade hours which includes some late nights and weekends
- Proven experience in achieving sales results
- Studies in makeup artistry
- The ability to speak Mandarin is desirable but not essential
What’s in it for you:
- Advance your career - Join the largest retail group in the southern hemisphere and find yourself with endless possibilities.
- Personal development - With continuous on the job training and mentoring, refine your sales skills, broaden your product knowledge and perform best business practices.
- Rewards - Receive sizeable sales incentives and generous staff discounts across the David Jones and Country Road Group.
- Flexibility - Achieve your ideal work-life balance with your choice of a casual or part-time position.
If you're looking for an extraordinary career, please begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time