Counter Manager - Bourke Street Mall
Job no: 522128
Work type: Full-Time, Part-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Counter Manager – Bourke st Mall
- Dedicated Product Training sessions with premium beauty brands
- Staff Discount across David Jones, Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco + more
LOCATION: Bourke Street Mall, Melbourne CBD
Counter Manager opportunities available working with premium brands like Makeup Forever, La Mer, Shu Uemura and Giorgio Armani
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting directly to the Sales Manager, you will experience unique levels of exposure to our world class Store Management team & Beauty Brands. You will have the responsibility to drive your counter's performance. As a Counter Manager lead by example and coach the team to ensure a 5 star service by developing and supporting your team to grow.
As a Counter Manger you will act as a brand ambassador for your counter, uniting and inspiring your team to provide exceptional and personalised customer service. You will also:
- Work collaboratively with your team to ensure KPI’s and sales targets are met
- Ensure visual merchandising standards across the counter adhere to company guidelines
- Monitor and report on inventory control/ stock management
- Compliance with David Jones policies, procedures and processes
- Prompt resolution on customer queries and complaints
- Support the Sales Manager to coach and induct new employees
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Qualified Beauty Therapists/ Makeup artist (Diploma or Certificate)
- Previous management experience in a customer facing role within beauty or retail
- Exceptional service, selling and communication skills
- Ability to coach and provide feedback to build individual and team capability
- Initiative with the ability to motivate and adapt to changing business requirements
- Be representative of the brand, holding a professional stance and high emotional intelligence
The David Jones and Country Road Group are a diverse and highly regarded collective of brands. Our ambition is to become global leaders in retail by building a family of people as diverse and passionate as we are. We have found that by nurturing the unique talents of our people and working with them to carve out a rich and varied career, we are able to create a new standard of retail in the Southern Hemisphere. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
- A highly competitive incentive scheme
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- An opportunity to impact positively within an iconic organization each and every day
- Structured training to support personal growth and career development
ABOUT DAVID JONES:
Our vision is to be Australasia’s premium lifestyle retail destination. To achieve this we have three key enablers:
- We must deliver a curated and differentiated premium product offer,
- We must enable our customers to shop wherever, whenever and however
- We must provide brilliant customer service and experiences.
Achieving this ensures David Jones is a luxury destination offering an experience that makes our customer’s choice exceptionally easy.
HOW TO APPLY:
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Shortlisted candidates may be requested to participate in video interviewing as part of the selection process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time