Accounts Payable Officer - Non Trade
Job no: 522081
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
David Jones wants to inspire people by providing an exceptional experience. As one of the leading international retailers, we’ve done this by curating the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty, home and food. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities
Our Finance hub operates across both Country Road Group and David Jones. We are recruiting Accounts Payable Officers to manage the processing and payment of supplier invoices.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for Accounts Payable tasks – invoice processing, correct coding, correct GST treatment, batch entry and payment.
- Ensure suppliers are paid on time in line with supplier contracts and payment policy.
- Maintenance of the open payables ledger and ensuring all balances are correct and all disputed balances are dealt with on a timely basis.
- Complete supplier statement reconciliations and follow up on old invoices and credit notes.
- Maintenance of weekly cash requirements for Accounts Payable Team Leader and Treasury team
- Ensure supplier database is up to date e.g. terms, contacts, bank
- Assisting other Accounts officers and the Financial accounting team when required
- Provide accurate information to wider business
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Have demonstrated experience working within an Accounts Payable function, preferably within Retail
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and are highly organised
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to engage with a range of key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage complex, time-dependent deliverables and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Experience with Oracle ERP system and/or Retek RMS is desirable
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives.
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group.
- A genuine, open and high performing culture.
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions and achieve excellence.
- Career progression – there are always opportunities for those with aspirations.
- The opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships.
If this is something that excites you, we’d love to hear from you today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time