IT Application Support Team Lead - Merchandise
Job no: 521815
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
David Jones wants to inspire people to lead an exceptional life. To do this, we've curated the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty and home. This edit makes David Jones a place where people can explore and define their personal style – a destination offering impeccable service and an experience that makes the choice of exceptional easy.
Lead a team of analyst programmers and support specialists in the delivery of business solutions in both application service delivery and application support competencies. Support over 30 applications including day-to-day maintenance and enhancements as a part of the company strategic plan. Key applications include the core Merchandising application, the Data Warehouse, the Budgeting and Forecasting application, the Auto Stock Replenishment application, the online Hampers sales applications, as well as Oracle Financials.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Accountability for service delivery outcomes of the Systems Support team.
- Meet or exceed agreed Service Delivery targets and defined SLAs, through appropriate prioritisation of tasks and resource planning.
- Encourage inter-team communication and cooperation and be actively involved with service delivery activities.
- Manage vendors to agreed SLAs and ensure that David Jones extracts maximum value from vendor and partner relationships.
- Ensure ITIL process is followed and pro-active maintenance performed
- Utilise service management processes to manage incidents, problems and changes to the production environments.
- Utilise appropriate methodologies to deliver application changes and implementations as a part of the project delivery function.
- Working with business stakeholders, IT Management peers and senior management in the delivery of service and application support competencies.
- Provide leadership in the analysis and implementation processes by ensuring quality of all technical deliverables is being maintained through such activities as facilitating formal quality reviews, conducting post-implementation reviews and actively identifying opportunities for improvement in quality of deliverables.
- Manage resolution of issues and risks associated with Service Delivery outcomes, escalating where appropriate.
- Manage the team to ensure they are meeting the requirements of their role and continue to develop their technical and business skills in line with their current performance and potential
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Tertiary Qualification or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years Leadership experience in technical support
- Exceptional team management skills
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills, supported by a high standard of verbal and written communication skills
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We offer:
- Opportunities to work with premium exclusive Fashion, Beauty, Home and Food products
- David Jones employee discounts
- An opportunity to work with a trusted iconic brand
- A Merchandise range and selection which is fresh and exclusive
- Ongoing training and development in order to pursue excellence
If you're looking for an exceptional career, please submit your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time