IT Application Support Team Lead - Merchandise
Job no: 521815
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
David Jones and the Country Road Group, with their brands Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco and Politix, form Australia's most highly regarded retail group. Our ambition is to be global leaders in retail, and to help build this new reality, we are seeking people who are equally passionate in setting a new standard for retail in Australia. With an exciting vision ahead, embark on a career with a real point of differentiation.
The Information Technology department works strategically across both Country Road Group and David Jones in a Regional function. We have a unique opportunity for an IT Application Support – Team Lead within our Merchandise Domain to lead a team of analyst programmers and support specialists in the delivery of business solutions in both application service delivery and application support competencies.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Lead a team which provides support to over 30 applications including day-to-day maintenance and enhancements as a part of the company strategic plan.
- Service delivery outcomes of the Systems Support team.
- Through appropriate prioritisation of tasks and resource planning, the meeting and exceeding of agreeds SLA targets
- Facilitating inter-team communication and cooperation and be actively involved with service delivery activities.
- Managing vendors to agreed SLAs and ensure that David Jones extracts maximum value from vendor and partner relationships.
- Ensuring ITIL process is followed and pro-active maintenance performed
- Utilising service management processes to manage incidents, problems and changes to the production environments.
- Utilising appropriate methodologies to deliver application changes and implementations as a part of the project delivery function.
- Partnering with business stakeholders, IT Management peers and senior management in the delivery of service and application support competencies.
- Providing leadership in the analysis and implementation processes by ensuring quality of all technical deliverables is being maintained through such activities as facilitating formal quality reviews, conducting post-implementation reviews and actively identifying opportunities for improvement in quality of deliverables.
- Managing resolution of issues and risks associated with Service Delivery outcomes, escalating where appropriate.
- Managing the team to ensure they are meeting the requirements of their role and continue to develop their technical and business skills in line with their current performance and potential
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Demonstrated experience within a Technical Support role in a leadership capacity
- Have demonstrated Retail experience, preferably within a large format or FMCG environment
- Significant demonstrated application expertise in Oracle Retail, SIM, or DWH
- Significant demonstrated technology expertise in Oracle and (optionally) DB2
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A demonstrated ability to work alongside a broad range of key senior stakeholders in order to achieve business outcomes
- Are team oriented, and thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- An ability to meet and drive team deliverables, focusing on deadlines and an ability to work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Developed excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence technical and non-technical stakeholders both internally and externally
- Are an inspirational leader, and focuses on developing their team in a collaborative environment
At David Jones and the Country Road Group, we:
- Provide the opportunity to work with trusted iconic Australian brands
- Take pride in what we do and recognise our employees’ efforts for the seamless service and exceptional experience they provide our customers
- Promote career progression - there are always opportunities for those with aspirations
- Have a flexible workforce, we balance our employees and customers needs
- Are situated in a newly developed, purpose built world class campus
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time