Distribution Centre Manager
Job no: 521724
Work type: Permanent
Location: Sydney - West
Categories: Supply Chain, Warehouse/Fulfilment
David Jones wants to inspire people by providing an exceptional experience. As one of the leading international retailers, we’ve done this by curating the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty, home and food. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
We are looking for an experienced Distribution Centre Manager for our Silverwater Fulfilment Centre to deliver quality logistics services to customers while maximising the profitability and the productivity of the Fulfilment Centre. Reporting to the Head of Distribution and Transport, this is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, and people focused leader to develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, as well as holding accountability for controlling and co-ordinating daily distribution functions
In this role you will:
- Manage the distribution operation to deliver quality customer service
- Increase and maintain the profitability of the Fulfilment Centre by controlling day to day operating costs and maximising performance through development of improved efficiencies
- Regularly review site performance and forecast against initial budgets, and devise strategies to improve performance.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the site Management team to review distribution productivity levels, to enable on-going improvement of systems and procedures
- Ensure that site performance complies with senior management directives, customer requirements and Business expectations at all times
- Ensure that all operations are conducted in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and legislative requirements, to ensure safety to staff, the community and the environment
- Develop and maintain a professional and motivated employee teams by conducting Daily communications and regular team meetings, and applying effective team building and leadership techniques
- Eliminate down time due to accident, injury or work related illness by ensuring the implementation and maintenance of safe working practices and procedures
- Identify and seek new improvement opportunities to maximise the profitability of the site facility
- Prepare budgets for administrative and distribution activities, and operate within the approved guidelines
- Plan, monitor and report MH vehicle and resource utilisation and resource usage to achieve Budget and productivity targets.
- Plan and implement operational and other necessary change initiatives at business site level to improve performance, productivity or satisfy legislative and business requirements.
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Have previous demonstrated experience within Distribution in a Senior Management capacity
- Industry experience within Retail or FMCG would be well regarded
- Have sound warehousing and distribution experience and skills with an ability to identify and remedy operational inefficiencies and service problems
- Have a demonstrated ability manage complex, time-dependent deliverables and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Are able to maintain cost effective staffing levels, and proactively look for opportunities to ensure effectiveness
- Have developed exceptional people management skills, with a focus on coaching and inspiring your teams
- Are highly numerate with a strong commercial nous, with experience in budgeting, financial reporting, costing, and cost analysis.
- Have developed a sound working knowledge of Warehousing Management and Distribution systems
- Possess exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to achieve business outcomes
- Possess a customer comes first attitude, holding a professional stance and emotional intelligence
- Are able to act as an effective change agent supporting business initiatives
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We offer:
- Opportunities for high performers with aspirations
- Employee discounts & a highly competitive incentive scheme
- A great team who are inspired to make a difference for our customers
- Ongoing on the job training and development
- A management team that cares, investing their time to develop and coach
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time