Head of Safety - Maternity Cover contract
Job no: 521649
Work type: Limited Tenure
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
Categories: Environment & Sustainability, Human Resources
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Our Values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to be part of the Group’s evolution and support each brand to realise their full potential.
As the Head of Safety, you will continue to lead and drive our commitment to providing a safe environment and experience for our teams and customers alike. You will lead a diverse, passionate and highly effective safety team as they partner across our key retail brands.
You will be responsible for leading our strategy around safety nationally, while ensuring implementation and maintenance of all safety policies and procedures across our retail, fulfilment center and corporate teams. With an eye towards safety compliance and continuous improvement you will influence and inspire key leaders across the business to encourage a culture of safety across our business.
A natural collaborator you will enjoy working with diverse stakeholder groups to deliver effective and relevant safety strategies for a fast paced retail environment. In addition, we are looking for someone who can illustrate the following;
- Dedicated experience leading safety functions in retail and/or multi-location environments throughout Australia and New Zealand
- Proven experience coaching teams who take ownership of safety
- Exposure to partnering with varying business functions including partnering with facilities management, construction/design and supply chain/fulfilment
- A reporting and monitoring mindset that is relevant to changing conditions of the work place
- Appropriate graduate or higher education qualifications in safety will be highly regarded
- Proven appreciation of national legislation linked to safety and self-insurance requirements
- A team player who is outcome and action orientated
Please note, this is a 12 month fixed term maternity cover contract.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate safety leader to make their mark for dynamic organization. If you are interested in starting your career with one of the Southern Hemisphere’s largest retail groups, apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time