Systems Analyst - Merchandise
Job no: 521643
Work type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
David Jones wants to inspire people to lead an exceptional life. To do this, we've curated the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty and home. This edit makes David Jones a place where people can explore and define their personal style – a destination offering impeccable service and an experience that makes the choice of exceptional easy.
As a Systems Analyst – Merchandise you will be responsible to analyse and document system requirements and work with Business Stakeholders and IT to ensure systems development and implementation meet those requirements. You will also be responsible to manage and participate in internal IT testing and User Acceptance Testing
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Perform duties on assigned projects as required for Definition and Testing Stages of the SDLC including:
- Documenting current and proposed processes by liaising with a range of people including key business stakeholders, users and technical staff
- Analysing and documenting the systems requirements to support the proposed process and the relevant changes to a level appropriate to be used as input into systems development
- Validating proposed solution designs and architecture against business requirements, system requirements and business processes.
- Working with the Business and IT to validate, refine and manage business and systems requirements against project scope
- Migrating business concepts / requirements into detailed requirement specifications incorporating user interface flow diagrams, activity diagrams and non-functional requirements
- Working with the Business and IT to define application problem evaluating procedures and processes.
- Manage and participate in internal IT testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Work with development teams, IT specialists and / or external parties to
- Ensure systems requirements are understood
- Identify the most appropriate solutions and technologies to bring about timely, cost effective systems solutions
- Clarify and resolve issues during development by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions
- Provide accurate and timely progress reporting to the Business and / or IT Project Manager
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Business Stakeholders in
- Identifying and resolving business issues (procedural, organisational and systems related)
- Communicating proposed solutions’ benefits and considerations in terms of the business requirements
- Refining and managing project scope
- Facilitate the provision of information from existing systems required for the business case development, requirements definition, analysis and implementation planning processes
- Provide subject matter expertise to acceptance testing
- Provide subject matter expertise to the development of procedures and training material
- Provide subject matter expertise into the change management processes and communications to the business
Project Specific Accountabilities:
- These accountabilities apply for specific project assignments and are in addition to Core accountabilities.
- Work with IT Domain Manager(s), IT Project Manager(s) and key business stakeholders to Define the high level business requirements
- Identify impacts of implementation on systems and the organisation
- Provide input enabling preparation of relevant Project Plans
- Where appropriate work with the Business and IT to
- Prepare tender documents
- Evaluate proposals against requirements and select the most appropriate solution
- Experience working within a retail environment is desirable
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Tertiary qualified or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years IT Experience, ideally in Development, Business Analysis, Testing, Application Support or Systems Analysis fields.
- A high standard of verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and find creative solutions.
- Experience spanning various SDLC methodologies (waterfall, agile, hybrid)
- Experience in complex IT projects at medium - large organisations.
- Excellent data analysis / SQL skills
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We offer:
- Offer the opportunity to work with a trusted iconic brand
- Take pride in what we do and recognise our employees efforts for the seamless service and extraordinary experience they provide our customers
- Offer career progression - there are always opportunities for those with aspirations
- Pursue excellence and offer ongoing training and development
- Have a management team that care, they take the time to develop and coach
If you're looking for an exceptional career, please submit your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time