Digital Design Lead
Job no: 521549
Work type: Permanent
Location: Melbourne - East
Categories: Digital, Marketing
David Jones wants to inspire people by providing an exceptional experience. As one of the leading international retailers, we've done this by curating the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty, home and food. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
The Creative Digital team focuses on delighting and engaging our customers by offering a fully integrated, seamless customer experience. We’re seeking a talented Digital Design Lead to join the team who will generate thoughtful design directions for each of our digital touch-points. You will be involved in all phases of design deliverables, ensuring the quality of work meets our David Jones standards, exceeding strategic and business goals. We are seeking a cross-functional designer with in-depth design expertise across, web, email, social and digital advertising.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior designer to showcase their skills, influence the design direction of the company and see their work go live on a daily basis.
In this role you will:
- Inspire David Jones leadership and multi-disciplinary team members with clear communication, hands-on contribution, and strong advocacy for best practices in Visual and Experience Design throughout all venture phases
- Leverage industry insights and evidenced based techniques to drive design decisions across web, email, social and digital advertising
- Mentor junior design team members to elevate their craft and professional presence
- Work closely with the website and email development teams ensuring designs are executed successfully from concept to customer
- Create unique products and audience-relevant solutions to engage users with valuable experiences
- Consider the moments of engagement, or touch-points, between people and brands, as well as the ideas, emotions and memories these moments create
- Create and evolve style guides, templates, and other accelerant frameworks for the design and development team members
- Implement a cross-discipline perspective that considers multiple aspects of the brand/business/experience and creates a way for businesses to align with design to solve problems
- Create design artefacts to make opportunities tangible for multiple audiences
- Develop choices around design and user interfaces that allow cross-discipline teams to solve customer pain points and challenges
- Construct quick mockups and prototypes that illustrate your designs and present a realistic and understandable feel of the intended experience
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated experience leading and growing a digital design team, preferably within a retail or ecommerce environment
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your breadth and passion for designing beautiful, clean and elegant designs; demonstrating interaction and visual design experience across brand, advertising, web and mobile web.
- Strong technical knowledge around web implementation (HTML, CSS, JS) with a background of working directly with developers for the implementation of designs
- A good understanding of data tracking, user testing , A/B Testing, SEO and conversion optimisation
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We:
- Are a trusted iconic brand
- Take pride in what we do and recognise our employees efforts for the seamless service and exceptional experience they provide our customers
- Promote career progression - there are always opportunities for those with aspirations
- Pursue excellence and offer ongoing training and development
- Have a flexible workforce, we balance our employees and customers needs
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time