Job no: 521497
Work type: Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner
We are a diverse and highly regarded collective of brands. Our ambition is to become global leaders in retail by building a family of people as diverse and passionate as we are. We have found that by nurturing the unique talents of our people and working with them to carve out a rich and varied career, we are able to create a new standard of retail in the Southern Hemisphere.
The Marketing, Financial Services and Customer Innovation teams focus on delighting our customers by offering a fully integrated and seamless customer experience through various online and offline marketing channels. The team is responsible for our brand positioning, engagement initiatives and communication campaigns as well as delivering a range of financial services and products to our customers.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our Insights team and play a key role in establishing and facilitating ways of working for a new team. Reporting through to the Advanced Analytics Manager, this unique role is integral in utilising advanced analytical techniques to assist in the delivery of strategic projects across the Country Road Group and David Jones brands.
In this role you will:
- Unlock incremental value within existing and new data assets through the use of advanced analytical technics such as;
- Modelling for prediction
- Modelling for discovery
- Clustering and segmentation
- Market mix modelling and basket/association modelling to inform and optimise decisions.
- Advise and conduct analysis to support business decision making, including taking briefs, performing analysis and producing reports that enable effective decision making.
- Manage the complete model life cycle (Build, Test, Deploy, Monitor)
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in analytics and identifying opportunities to utilise them.
- Assist with commercial analysis as and when required
- Mentor and share knowledge of techniques, applications and approaches with the wider analytical team
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Proven data experience including segmentation, behavioural analysis and financial modelling
- Expertise with coding in SAS and R, and the use of BI and data visualisation tools (such as SAS VA). Experience with other languages and platforms (e.g. Python, Lua, Scala, Tensorflow, Matlab) would be advantageous.
- Have demonstrated experience in successfully building, evaluating deploying and monitoring statistical models for data mining, predictive modelling, clustering, classification, deep learning, genetic algorithms, neural networks (MLP, Convolutional, Recurrent), NLP and text mining
- Have demonstrated experience with big data and big data architecture (Map reduce, Hive, Pig, Spark)
- Have developed expertise in database technologies and SQL language for joining, querying and manipulating data sets
- Are adept in turning questions into testable hypotheses and presenting insights to key, non technical stakeholders
- Are team oriented, and thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Are comfortable operating in high change, ambiguous environments
- Possess experience in identifying new uses for data and its interaction with data design using a variety of techniques and applications
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation
At David Jones and Country Road Group we go the extra mile. We offer:
- Offer opportunities to work across premium exclusive Fashion, Beauty, Home & Food products.
- Have an ever changing store environment with leading design and visual merchandising displays.
- Offer career progression - there are always opportunities for those with aspirations.
- Are surrounded by a great team who are inspired to make a difference for our customers.
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time