Job no: 521301
Work type: Permanent
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner, Melbourne - East
David Jones wants to inspire people by providing an exceptional experience. As one of the leading international retailers, we’ve done this by curating the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty, home and food. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
The Merchandise Group is responsible for ensuring that our range and selection continues to remain fresh and relevant to our customers. The team is committed to delivering the very best range of brands and exclusives, across David Jones at competitive prices to enhance the customer's experience.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Merchandise Planner to join our Childrenswear team. Reporting through to the Planning Manager for Childrenswear, the role is accountable for stock management and optimization for their nominated category, alongside forecasting key business KPI’s to deliver the company financial targets in partnership with their Buyer.
In this role you will:
- Establish, implement, manage and report on Buyer sales, GP and stock forecasts to agreed formats
- Implement and monitor Buyer budgets
- Set and maintain Buyer prices curves by store grid as it applies to the strategy
- Maintain Buyer brand maps by store grid as it applies to the strategy
- Manage Buyer OTB (including Basic) and purchase order authorisation
- Ensure that the distribution of OTB across size, colour and cluster mix reflects historical data so that financial results are optimised
- Implement assortment planning process in conjunction with the Buyer
- Maintain continual reporting on stock profile to agreed formats
- To agree in conjunction with the Buyer all seasonal items, and promotional stock quantities for each store
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Have demonstrated experience working within the Merchandise Planning space, preferably in an Apparel category
- Are degree qualified within Finance or relevant discipline
- Possess strong numerical and analytical skills
- Possess a strong retail and commercial acumen
- Have a demonstrated ability to work alongside a range of key senior stakeholders in order to achieve business outcomes
- Have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We offer;
- Opportunities to work with premium exclusive Fashion & Home products
- David Jones employee discounts & a highly competitive incentive scheme
- An opportunity to work with a trusted iconic brand
- A Merchandise range and selection which is fresh and exclusive
- Ongoing training and development in order to pursue excellence
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time