Accounts Payable Team Leader - Trade
Job no: 520235
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Support Centre - Melbourne
David Jones and the Country Road Group, with their brands Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco and Politix, form Australia's most highly regarded retail group. Our ambition is to be global leaders in retail, and to help build this new reality, we are seeking people who are equally passionate in setting a new standard for retail in Australia. With an exciting vision ahead, embark on a career with a real point of differentiation.
Our Finance team operates across both Country Road Group and David Jones. We have an opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Team Leader join our team.
In this role you will
- Lead the Accounts Payables (Trade) team across
- Manage all activities within the Accounts Payable team including processing, accurate coding, correct GST and payments entries
- Ensure supplier payments are timely in line with supplier trading term agreements
- Communicate consistent, timely and accurate information with the business and external vendors
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the Accounts Payable module within Oracle
- Create and develop processes to meet operational needs, improve accuracy and efficiency of the overall accounts payable function
- Work together with the business unit managers to ensure that invoices are coded accurately and submitted to Accounts Payable for payment on a timely basis
- Reconcile monthly sub ledger to the General Ledger and ensure aged creditors are investigated.
- Train and develop team members to improve performance and processes
We are looking for that little bit extra. So join us if you:
- Have demonstrated experience in an Accounts Payable team preferably within Retail
- Proven leadership experience
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and are highly organised
- Have a degree qualification or relevant diploma
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to engage with a range of key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage complex, time-dependent deliverables and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Experience with Oracle ERP system and/or Retek RMS is desirable
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives.
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group.
- A genuine, open and high performing culture.
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions and achieve excellence.
- Career progression – there are always opportunities for those with aspirations.
- The opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships.
If this is something that excites you, we’d love to hear from you today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time