Buyers Assistant - Menswear
Job no: 519816
Work type: Permanent
Location: Support Centre - Melbourne
David Jones wants to inspire people by providing an exceptional experience. As one of the leading international retailers, we’ve done this by curating the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty, home and food. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
The Merchandise Group is responsible for ensuring that our range and selection continues to remain fresh and relevant to our customers. The team is committed to delivering the very best range of brands and exclusives, across David Jones at competitive prices to enhance the customer's experience.
We currently have opportunities for a Buyers Assistants in our Menswear team, across our Contemporary Designer & Denim category and Business Attire. This role is key in the effective stock and product management for the category, alongside playing an integral role in supporting our Store and Vendor partners.
In this role you will:
- Quantify and complete Buyer orders.
- Monitor product performance and initiate markdown within policy.
- Assist the Buyer to maintain reorders within brand maps and price curves.
- Monitor advertising stock back up and performance
- Sample coordination
- Monitor and maintain purchasing, sales, GP, OTB and inventory levels.
- Monitor basic stock performance and recommend action to Buyer/ Merchandise Planner as necessary.
- Report on buyership performance in all areas and recommend remedial action where necessary.
- Monitor supplier deliveries and action as appropriate within policy.
- Allocate stock to stores
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Have previous experience working as a Buyers Assistant, or similar position
- Menswear experience within a Buying capacity would be advantageous
- Love to work in Excel and feel comfortable operating at an Intermediate to Advanced level.
- Have strong administration skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Have personal resilience and a strong work ethic.
- Are comfortable working within a fast paced environment, whilst balancing competing priorities and deadlines
- Are innovative, and enjoy looking for new and effective ways of working
- Have developed excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation.
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We:
- Are a trusted iconic brand
- Offer opportunities to work across premium exclusive Fashion, Beauty, Home & Food products.
- Have an ever changing store environment with leading design and visual merchandising displays.
- Offer career progression - there are always opportunities for those with aspirations.
- Are surrounded by a great team who are inspired to make a difference for our customers.
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time