IT Business Analyst
Job no: 519139
Work type: Permanent
Location: Support Centre - Melbourne
Categories: Information Technology
David Jones and the Country Road Group, with their brands Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco and Politix, form Australia's most highly regarded retail group. Our ambition is to be global leaders in retail, and to help build this new reality, we are seeking people who are equally passionate in setting a new standard for retail in Australia. With an exciting vision ahead, embark on a career with a real point of differentiation.
We are looking for an experienced IT Business Analyst to join our growing Information Technology team. The primary objective of the role is to analyze and document business and system requirements and work with Business Stakeholders and IT to ensure systems development and implementation meet those requirements.
In this role you will:
- Document current and proposed processes by liaising with a range of people including key business stakeholders, users and technical staff
- Work with the Business and IT to validate, refine and manage business requirements against project scope
- Migrate business concepts / requirements into detailed requirement specifications
- Work with the Business and IT to define test strategy and plans
- Work with development teams, IT specialists and / or external parties
- Identify the most appropriate solutions and technologies to bring about timely, cost effective systems solutions
- Facilitate the provision of information from existing systems required for the business case development, requirements definition, analysis and implementation planning processes
- Provide subject matter expertise into the change management processes and communications to the business
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you have:
- An understanding of user needs and a focus on business outcomes
- Previous experience working for a Retail business and experience with applications within the Oracle Retail Suite would be an advantage
- Experience with documenting business requirements
- Excellent analytical and research skills with the ability to collect and analyze complex material and data, and present it in accessible formats
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical resources across other business functions
At David Jones we go the extra mile.
- We are a trusted iconic brand
- We are surrounded by a great team and are inspired to make a difference for our customers
- We take pride in what we do and recognise our employees efforts for the seamless service and extraordinary experience they provide our customers
- Career progression - there are always opportunities for those with aspirations
- We pursue excellence and offer ongoing training and development
- Our Management team care, they take the time to develop and coach
If you're looking for an extraordinary career, please begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time