Job no: 519022
Work type: Permanent
Location: Support Centre - Melbourne
David Jones wants to inspire people to lead an exceptional life. To do this, we've curated the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty and home. This edit makes David Jones a place where people can explore and define their personal style – a destination offering impeccable service and an experience that makes the choice of exceptional easy.
The Merchandise Group is responsible for ensuring that our range and selection continues to remain fresh and relevant to our customers. The team is committed to delivering the very best range of brands and exclusives, across David Jones at competitive prices to enhance the customer's experience.
David Jones is presenting an opportunity for an experienced data analyst to join our team in the role of Merchandise Replenishment Analyst. This role will play an integral role in co-ordinating the forecast and budget process for Merchandise Replenishment. Successful candidates will ensure effective end to end management, integration and communication of the budgeting process.
In this role you will:
- Build and provide ongoing reporting against budgets and forecasts (including basic sales, BGP and stock)
- Implement process disciplines & innovations in Merchandise Replenishment including but not limited to promotion management
- Support the Merchandise Replenishment Manager and team with regular & adhoc analysis
- Manage brand & vendor analysis & strategies including streamlining reporting and performance criteria. This will include monitoring and communicating vendor delivery performance.
- Manage purchase quantities to ensure each Group achieves financial outcomes;
- Manage reporting of Merchandise Replenishment for the wider Merchandise floor including key Monday reporting
- Identify opportunities for trade & profitable actions to be taken within Merchandise Replenishment including range & assortment changes
- Liaise with stores on resolving basic stock issues and drive improvements in unproductive SOH
- Develop Quarterly & Post Seasonal Analysis / SWOT / Store Performance reports, analysis and recommendations
We are looking for a little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Possess strong numerical and analytical background, ideally gained in a retail environment
- Have working knowledge of Business Object, TM1 and ideally Oracle MFP, RMS & RDF (or like systems)
- Have a demonstrated ability to work alongside a range of key senior stakeholders in order to achieve business outcomes
- Have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Possess Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We offer;
• Opportunities to work with premium exclusive Fashion, Beauty, Home and Food Products
• An opportunity to work with a trusted iconic brand
• David Jones employee discounts and a highly competitive incentive scheme
• A Merchandise range and selection which is fresh and exclusive
• Ongoing training and development in order to pursue excellence
If you are looking for an exceptional career, please begin your application now!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time