Senior Data Analyst - Customer Insights
Job no: 519019
Work type: Permanent
Location: Support Centre - Melbourne
Categories: Marketing & Financial Services
David Jones wants to inspire people to lead a life full of endless possibilities. To do this, we've curated the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty and home. This edit makes David Jones a place where people can explore and define their personal style – a destination offering impeccable service and an experience that makes the choice of exceptional easy.
The Marketing, Financial Services and Customer Innovation teams focus on delighting our customers by offering a fully integrated and seamless customer experience through various online and offline marketing channels. The team is responsible for our brand positioning, engagement initiatives and communication campaigns as well as delivering a range of financial services and products to our customers.
David Jones is looking for a Senior Data Analyst – Customer Insights to lead targeted direct marketing through the use of data analytics to maximise relevance in all customer communications.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the effective management and delivery of accurate and actionable marketing insights to the organisation in relation to both Retail and Financial Services results, risks and opportunities
- Perform pre campaign analysis through analysis & segmentation of existing customer base to support marketing team decisions on targeting of direct marketing
- Perform post campaign analysis and report on campaign results to inform the business of recommendations for future optimisation
- Data management of customer databases and data sources, providing regular updates on data hygiene, data processing and recommendations on improvements
- Perform and manage regular and adhoc data extractions as required by the business for analytics and direct marketing
- Delivery of monthly and weekly demographic and portfolio reporting dashboards
- Generate and communicate insights to business owners based on statistical analysis through dashboards and reports
- Support the Marketing Specialist with the implementation best practice data algorithms and new business metrics (e.g. CLV, NPS, RFM etc)
- Perform adhoc market and customer analytics to support broader marketing and merchandising business decision making.
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Proven data experience including segmentation, behavioural analysis and financial modelling
- Advanced level of scripting ability in SQL and understanding of relational data models.
- Intermediate level of scripting ability in R, Python, SPSS Syntax or SAS Scripting
- Understanding of Single Customer View and its application to large datasets
- Intermediate level of statistics & modelling skills (RFM, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression)
- Ability to turn data into actionable insights
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and translate them into effective direct marketing campaigns
- Ability to influence and work cross-functionally across many departments
- A multi-tasker who can work under pressure, to tight deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We offer:
- Offer opportunities to work across premium exclusive Fashion, Beauty, Home & Food products.
- Have an ever changing store environment with leading design and visual merchandising displays.
- Offer career progression - there are always opportunities for those with aspirations.
- Are surrounded by a great team who are inspired to make a difference for our customers.
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time