Finance Analyst - Regional Support Services
Job no: 518081
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Support Centre - Melbourne
David Jones wants to inspire people by providing an exceptional experience. As one of the leading international retailers, we’ve done this by curating the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty, home and food. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
Our Finance hub operates across both Country Road Group and David Jones. We are recruiting for Finance Analysts to partner with the Regional Support Services function across David Jones and Country Road Group.
In this role you will:
- Support the Finance Business Partner with the Budget, Planning, Reporting process and analysis for the allocated business unit or area
- Complete reporting, benchmarking, analysis and insights on financial performance and related KPIs.
- Support the bottom up build of detailed budgets in line with strategy of the allocated business unit or area
- Review detailed monthly expenditure by cost centre.
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Financial Control and Reporting team to ensure that costs are appropriately accrued at month end in line with activity
- Support the business unit or area to ensure costs are correctly allocated to the general ledger and in line with budget allocations
- Proactively educate the business unit or area on the role of finance and demonstrate the value it creates
- Provide input into business case development and other ad-hoc analysis when required
We are looking for that little bit extra. So join us if you:
- Have an ability to communicate and present financials in ways that are effective and readily understood
- Have demonstrated experience in a Finance Analyst role preferably within Retail
- Have excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Have a degree qualification and preferably working towards CA/CPA/CIMA
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to engage with a range of key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage complex, time-dependent deliverables and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Experience with Oracle ERP system, TM1/EPM
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives.
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group.
- A genuine, open and high performing culture.
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions and achieve excellence.
- Career progression – there are always opportunities for those with aspirations.
- The opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships.
If this is something that excites you, we’d love to hear from you today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time