Job no: 518010
Work type: Permanent
Location: Support Centre - Melbourne
David Jones wants to inspire people to lead an exceptional life. To do this, we've curated the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty and home. This edit makes David Jones a place where people can explore and define their personal style – a destination offering impeccable service and an experience that makes the choice of extraordinary easy.
The Merchandise Group is responsible for ensuring that our range and selection continues to remain fresh and relevant to our customers. The team is committed to delivering the very best range of brands and exclusives, across David Jones at competitive prices to enhance the customer's experience.
As part of the Footwear & Accessories team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the correct stock is in the right place at the right time to maximize sales and improve the flow of stock through the business.
In this role you will be responsible for the:
• Weekly reporting and assisting with analysis to drive profitable sales
• Allocate orders with a mindset of optimising sell throughs and minimalizing markdowns
• Monitor product performance to make recommendations on ranging, returns to vendors, replenishment or markdowns
• Review basic replenishment range and work with replenishment team on setting correct stock parameters
• Assist team with adhoc reporting/analysis/actions and work with suppliers to drive profitable outcomes
• Liaise and communicate with stores to ensure they are aware of allocation decisions that impact their store
• Complete post-season analysis with recommendations
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
• Have demonstrated Buying space experience
• Have exceptional attention to detail
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Have exceptional time management and the ability to multi task.
• Have sound Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge, with strong presentation skills.
• Have a natural flair for building relationships and a demonstrated ability to work alongside a range of key stakeholders in order to achieve business outcomes
• Possess Strong analytical skills
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We offer;
• Opportunities to work with premium exclusive Fashion, Beauty, Home and Food products
• David Jones employee discounts
• An opportunity to work with a trusted iconic brand
• A Merchandise range and selection which is fresh and exclusive
• Ongoing training and development in order to pursue excellence
If you're looking for an exceptional career, please begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time