Duty Sales Manager, Mens Career
Job no: 517768
Work type: Permanent
Location: Market Street
Categories: Sales Manager (Duty)
David Jones wants to inspire people by providing an exceptional experience. As one of the leading international retailers, we’ve done this by curating the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty, home and food. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
The Stores team are responsible for delivering seamless and memorable experiences to all our customers across our stores.
A leader for sales and service, the Sales Manager will lead a team to successfully deliver a customer centric in store experience to maximise sales by demonstrating passion and inspiration for retailing. This position will lead performance driven, highly engaged and motivated specialised sales teams with a deep understanding of brands, product knowledge
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to lead and grow our Mens Career business. Working alongside some of our most prestigious and luxury brands, you will inspire your team to deliver personalised service and expertise in styling and fitting of Career wear.
If you have a passion empowering and coaching your team, and enjoy working within a high energy and fast paced environment, we invite you to apply today.
In this role you will:
- Lead by example by demonstrating and living the David Jones Values
- Drive service and sales by engaging customers, promoting sales and building a strong customer base
- Coach and mentor the team by building product knowledge and ensuring a seamless customer experience is delivered
- Work collaboratively with the Store teams and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Provide feedback to Buying colleagues to maximise sales opportunities and mitigate risks
- Look for opportunities for improvement whilst being commercially aware
- Ensure product is readily available and presented according to the David Jones visual merchandising standards
- Mitigate loss by ensuring proactive measures are introduced and maintained
- Evaluate complex situations and act accordingly
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Have significant demonstrated experience within Retail Management
- Previous experience managing a Mens Career or Luxury product category, or similar, would be well regarded
- Possess sound management skills, and a proven ability to motivate and lead teams and bring together resources to achieve success
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills with an ability to engage people at all levels, internally and externally within the business
- Are commercially aware and proactive in seeking opportunities
- Have strong written, listening and spoken communication skills
- Are self-motivated and diligent
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast paced and evolving environment
- Have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Possess a strong retail and commercial acumen
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We offer;
- Opportunities to work with premium exclusive Fashion, Beauty, Home and Food products
- David Jones employee discounts & a highly competitive incentive scheme
- An opportunity to work with a trusted iconic brand
- Ongoing training and development in order to pursue excellence
If you're looking for an exceptional career, please begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time