Buyers Assistant - Food Services
Job no: 517723
Work type: Permanent
Location: Support Centre - Melbourne
David Jones wants to inspire people by providing an exceptional experience. As one of the leading international retailers, we've done this by curating the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty, home and food. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
Our Food team is committed to delivering the best range of brands and private label products across David Jones. We are looking for a Buyers Assistant to join David Jones' food services (restaurants, cafés and food to go) team.
In this role you will:
- Quantify and complete Buyer orders.
- Monitor the quality, safety and legality of David Jones food service offerings
- Assist the Buyer to maintain reorders within brand maps and price curves.
- Maintain accurate product information / specifications for all David Jones' food service, ensuring quality and safety standards are adhered to
- Monitor advertising stock back up and performance
- Sample coordination
- Monitor and maintain purchasing, sales, GP, OTB and inventory levels
- Monitor basic stock performance and recommend action to Buyer/ Merchandise Planner as necessary
- Report on buyership performance in all areas and recommend remedial action where necessary
- Assist with recipe development set-up by partnering with Food Design (Neil Perry)
- Monitor supplier deliveries and action as appropriate within policy
- Allocate stock to stores
- Value chain maintenance
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you have:
- Previous experience working as a Buyers Assistant would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience in Excel and feel comfortable operating at an intermediate to advanced level
- Passion for food and knowledge in nutrition
- Experience in using RMS and Retek
- Strong administration skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Personal resilience and a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We:
- Are a trusted iconic brand
- Offer opportunities to work across premium exclusive Food products
- Offer career progression - there are always opportunities for those with aspirations
- We pursue excellence and offer ongoing training and development
- Are surrounded by a great team who are inspired to make a difference for our customers
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time