Job no: 516587
Work type: Permanent
Location: Support Centre - Melbourne
We are a diverse and highly regarded collective of brands. Our ambition is to become global leaders in retail by building a family of people as diverse and passionate as we are. We have found that by nurturing the unique talents of our people and working with them to carve out a rich and varied career, we are able to create a new standard of retail in the Southern Hemisphere.
Our Digital team forms part of our regional support function, the team produces and manage our online platforms to ensure we continue to enhance our overall customer experience. We are looking for a UX Researcher who will be accountable for the day to day running of the UX Laboratory conducting face to face and online customer research. This role will join our team supporting David Jones and the Country Road Group.
In this role you will:
- Support the build and operational model for the UX laboratory alongside all brands to achieve an agreed plan
- Run the UX laboratory on a day to day basis working alongside the brands to support prioritisation of issues for research
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of experiences and website components
- Collect and analyse user behaviour through laboratory studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports, presentations and customer journey maps
- Design and conduct baseline usability tests, in-production feedback acquisition/analysis plan
- Lead the creation and maintenance of user research documentation (e.g. recruitment specs, discussion guides, research and test plans.)
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Have a degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- Have experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. OptimalWorkshop, Userzoom or usertesting.com)
- Have a strong portfolio of previous work demonstrating research influenced design and business decisions and examples of qualitative and quantitative methods used to affect outcome (Preferably retail).
- Have proven experience designing studies that address user behaviours, fuels ideation and formulates better understanding of user pain points and/or value propositions.
- Have strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Have effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives.
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group.
- A genuine, open and high performing culture.
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions and achieve excellence.
- Career progression – there are always opportunities for those with aspirations.
- The opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships.
To begin a career with endless possibilities, we invite you to begin your application now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time