Data Analyst (Space Planner)
Job no: 516335
Work type: Full-Time, Limited Tenure
Location: Support Centre - Melbourne
Categories: Retail and Property Development
David Jones wants to inspire people by providing an exceptional experience. As one of the leading international retailers, we've done this by curating the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty, home, and food. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities.
Our Real Estate Development (RED) team is responsible for ensuring our store portfolio remains contemporary with a key focus on new store openings, our refurbishment program, and brand installations. The focus is on finding the right balance between design and environmental impact to ensure that everything we do sets the benchmark for excellence. We are currently looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Space Planning team on a 12 month contract.
In this role you will:
- Work cross-functionally with the CAD specialists, the design planners and the project managers to ensure the space component of the AutoCAD plans are drafted accurately and ready for Data Extraction
- Reconcile Space Data with Sales Data; ensure the alignment of space with sales.
- Ensure the space data is integrated and loaded onto company’s TM1 database accurately and consistently in accordance with company guidelines.
- Maintain the Space Cube in TM1 and provide ad-hoc support to other space data users in the wider business
- Perform Space Data analysis to support macro space planning, update appropriate algorithms to company space tools and assist strategic space decisions.
- Assist in the creation of high-level data visualization reports, such as the space productivity dashboards
- Provide support in maintaining space planning tools, drawing on advanced excel experience
- Facilitate the delivery of the ad-hoc space data queries.
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you have:
- A tertiary degree in Data Science, Information Systems, Mathematics/Statistics or other related fields
- Experience working in analytical roles, ideally within retail industry
- Advanced competency in TM1 and Microsoft Excel®, including complex formulae, pivot tables, and macros
- Strong logical and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to work alongside a range of key stakeholders in order to achieve business outcomes
- Fast learning abilities and be able to grasp the underlying business and subject matters
- A keen eye for details when working with large amounts of data to conduct in-depth analysis, while ping the insights and recommendations simple and practical
- A strong willingness and thirst for knowledge, while constructively challenging paradigms
- Space planning experience in retail environment, abilities to write database SQL queries and use of Python to build applications will be advantageous.
At David Jones, we go the extra mile. We offer:
- An opportunity to support a trusted iconic brand
- Career progression - there are always opportunities for those with aspirations
- We pursue excellence and offer ongoing training and development
- We are diverse and represent the communities we serve
- Have a flexible workforce, we balance our employees and customers needs
If you are an industry expert in data analytics who champions excel and is willing to take a dive into computing/programming skills such as writing SQL queries, or if you are a junior developer who’s eager to broaden your domain knowledge with a desire to direct your career in Data Science, we’d love to hear from you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time