IT Service Desk Operator
Job no: 513433
Work type: Permanent
Location: Support Centre - Melbourne
Categories: Information Technology
David Jones wants to inspire people by providing an exceptional experience. As one of the leading international retailers, we’ve done this by curating the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty, home and food. By enabling and empowering our employees, David Jones ensures that we are a destination for endless possibilities
The Information Technology department works strategically across both Country Road Group and David Jones. The team ensures the successful operation, maintenance and management of infrastructure of our systems to provide an ever-improving product and experience for our valued customers and team.
We are looking for experienced IT Service Desk Operators to provide information technology development and support services which allow the business to achieve its strategy and objectives.
In this role you will:
- Deliver high quality and responsive customer service support to all David Jones and Country Road Group IT users
- Problem solving technical issues and raising unresolved issues to second level support
- Provide support through rapid response to user difficulties and timely solutions to the satisfaction of the user whilst ensuring that a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved
- Document procedures and process improvements and inform the business of problem resolution time frames
- Provide accurate and timely reports to your direct Manager and to Project Leaders.
- Prepare, maintain and be accountable for documents relating to appropriate systems including status reporting
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you have:
- A proven track record of achievement and quality customer service in your current role
- Advanced verbal telephone communication skills in a range of situations to ensure User Support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical resources across other business functions
- Proven ability in team work ethic as well as a positive and proactive attitude
- Tertiary Qualifications in a Technology Degree with a keen interest in IT looking to kick-start their career
- Ability to create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships both within the Help Desk and throughout the IT Department
- Effective escalation management
- An understanding of user needs and a focus on business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability working within a similar position
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives.
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group.
- A genuine, open and high performing culture.
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions and achieve excellence.
- Career progression – there are always opportunities for those with aspirations.
- The opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
If this is something that excites you, we’d love to hear from you today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time